How do I get TriMix-gel?
- The patient will show the TriMix-gel letter and order form to his doctor.
- The Physician will fax the prescription to the Pharmacy.
- The Pharmacy will ship the medicine directly to the patient.
Prescription Information – ED Medication
The ingredients of TriMix-gel include real medicine and therefore must be prescribed by a licensed physician. Simply click here or click on the Print Forms prescription link directly to the right, print the form, and present it to your physician so he can call or fax the prescription to the pharmacy. The pharmacy will ship the medicine directly to the patient.
This medicine is compounded especially for you by a licensed pharmacy only in response to a prescription from your doctor. If you have any questions regarding this medicine or how to take it, consult your physician.
Pharmacy – ED Medication
The pharmacy has always been based on the patient – physician – pharmacist relationship known as the “triad”. Through this relationship, patient needs are determined by a physician, who chooses a treatment regimen that may include a compounded medication. Physicians often prescribe compounded medications for reasons that include (but are not limited to) the following situations:
- When needed medications are discontinued by or generally unavailable from pharmaceutical companies, often because the medications are no longer profitable to the manufacturer.
- When the patient is allergic to certain preservatives, dyes or binders in available off-the-shelf medications.
- When treatment requires tailored dosage strengths for patients with unique needs (for example, an infant).
- When a pharmacist can combine several medications the patient is taking to increase compliance.
- When the patient cannot ingest the medication in its commercially available and a pharmacist can prepare the medication in cream, liquid or other form that the patient can easily take.
- When medications require flavor additives to make them more palatable for some patients, most often children.
Insurance – ED Medication
Insurance policies greatly differ as to the extent of prescription coverage or whether certain ED medications will be covered at all.
On the back of your insurance card or prescription card you will find a telephone number for customer service. Call that number and ask for the address of where to send your receipt for prescription reimbursement.
The amount of your reimbursement will vary due to the conditions and terms of your individual policy. Your insurance company will tell you:
- Whether they will cover medications
- How much they will cover
Due to the variations in insurance companies coverage, a universal insurance claim form can be provided to you. Whether your insurance company covers this medicine or not, your TriMix-gel will always be available for purchase after the pharmacy receives your physicians prescription.