The difference between trimix injection and TriMix-gel® is “NO NEEDLE”. The active trimix ingredients have been lyophilized (dry freeze) into powder form. The powder is mixed with a medicated gel at time of use and then applied at the tip of the penis. There is no needle.
TriMix-gel® uses the same ingredients as trimix injection. The difference is the active ingredients have been lyophilized into powder form. The powder is mixed with a medicated gel at time of use and then applied at the tip of the penis. There is no needle.
TriMix-gel® doesn’t require needles because it uses a novel methodology. At time of use, the patient uses an “Easy Applicator System”™ application device that stores, mixes, and applies the medicine. The patient does not need a needle for self-injection and the medicine does not require refrigeration.
TriMix-gel® contains prescription medications listed in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia. The active ingredients are the vasodilators prostaglandin, papaverine, and phentolamine. A patient needs a doctor’s prescription. These ingredients have been tested and widely prescribed by physicians for the treatment of ED for many years.
TriMix-gel® does not have to be refrigerated. Therefore, the patient can carry the medicine on his person at room temperature. This characteristic is well received by mobile active patients because they report it helps promote spontaneity.
Most importantly, an ED patient will not have to use a needle to self-inject himself before sexual activity. Patients have reported the application of TriMix-gel® is quick and painless.
TriMix-gel® ingredients have also been shown to provide successful results when used in “combination therapy”. Urologists have prescribed PDE5s concomitantly with TriMix-gel® when both modalities have failed in monotherapy. The treatments use separate pathways which in combination has been reported to show successful results. There are several investigations in the medical literature suggesting combination therapy may be appropriate when each treatment has failed individually.
The identifying characteristics of TriMix-gel® are:
- Active ingredients: prostaglandin, papaverine, and phentolamine
- Easy Applicator System device which stores, mixes, and applies medicine
- Gel-based application of medicine
- Clinically tested
- Patient Trials published in The Journal of Urology Supplement, J. Urol. 179 (4): 431, 2008
- Presented at AUA World Conference Moderated Poster Session
- Easy to apply gel that has been used before sexual intercourse. Each dose contains trimix in powder form which is energized into a gel at time of use.
- Has been used for patients who fail on PDE5 Inhibitors or who cannot tolerate the side effects.
- Has been prescribed by urologists for ED patients who cannot not self-inject their own penis because of fear of needles.
- Combining PDE5 inhibitors and TriMix-gel® may be more effective where patients have failed with each treatment in monotherapy.
Men who find Viagra no longer helpful are aware of the superior results of penile injection therapy. But most men object to the thought of self-injection with a hypodermic needle into their own penis.
The patients who have failed on Viagra type tablets and who cannot bring themselves to self-inject their own penis with a hypodermic needle, have found TriMix-gel® a rewarding example of the value found in compounding pharmacy.
This is accomplished with a novel patented methodology (US patent numbers 9,005,183 and 9,968,479). At the time of use, before sexual activity, the patient uses an “Easy Applicator System™” application device that stores, mixes, and applies the medicine. THERE IS NO NEEDLE.
Patients who don’t find Viagra type pills helpful or who can’t tolerate their side effects, TriMix-gel® has been viewed as an alternative before facing injection of their own penis with a hypodermic needle. With TriMix-gel®, THERE IS NO NEEDLE.